Friday, January 9, 2009

ATTHAVISATI PARITTA ( Salutation to the Twenty-Eight Buddhas)


Picture: Taken from WAT PA NONG KONG, UDON THANI PROVINCE.

ATTHAVISATI PARITTA

Salutation to the Twenty-Eight Buddhas


Namo Tassa Bhagavato Arahato Sammā-Sambudhassa.

Homage to Him, the Blessed One, the Exalted One, the Fully Enlightened One. (3 times)

Namo me sabba Buddhānam, uppannānam mahesinam

I pay homage to all the Buddhas who have appeared (in this world) in quest of great benefits (for all beings).

Vande Tanhamkaram Buddham – Vande Medhamkaram Munim
Saranankaram Munim vande – Dīpamkaram Jinam name.


I respect Tanhamkara, the Wise. I respect Medhamkara, the Sage.
Saranamkara the Sage, I respect. Dīpamkara, the Conqueror, I respect.

Vande Kondañña Sattāram – Vande Mańgala Nāyakam
Vande Sumana Sambuddham – Vande Revata Nāyakam


I respect Kondañña, the Teacher. I respect Mańgala, the Leader.
I respect Sumana, the Fully Enlightened. I respect Revata, the Leader.

Vande Sobhita Sambuddham - Anomadassī Munim name
Vande Paduma Sambuddham – Vande Nārada Nāyakam.


I respect Sobhita the Fully Enlightened. Anomadassī the Sage, I respect. I respect Paduma the Fully Enlightened. I respect Nārada, the Leader.

Padumuttaram Munim vande – Vande Sumedha Nāyakam
Vande Sujāta Sambuddham – Pīyadassī Munim name


Padumuttara the Sage, I respect. I respect Sumedha, the Leader.
I respect Sujāta, the Fully Enlightened. Piyadassī the Sage, I respect.

Atthadassī Munim vande – Dhammadassī Jinam name
Vande Siddhattha Satthāram – Vande Tissa Mahāmunim


Atthadassī the Sage, I respect. Dhammadassī the Conqueror I respect. I respect Siddhattha, the Teacher. I respect Tissa, the Great sage.

Vande Phussa Mahāvīram – Vande Vipassī Nāyakam
Sikhī Mahāmunim vande – Vande Vessabhū Nāyakam.


I respect Phussa, the Great Hero. I respect Vipassī, the Leader.
Sikhī the Great Sage, I respect. I respect Vessabhu, the Leader.

Kakusandham Munim vande – Vande Konāgama Nāyakam
Kassapam Sugatam vande – Vande Gotamo Nāyakam


Kakusandha the Sage, I respect. I respect Konāgama, the Leader.
Kassapa the Welcome One, I respect. I respect Gotama, the Leader.

Atthavīsati me Buddhā - Nibbāna, mata dāyakā
Namāmi sirasā niccam – man rakkhantu sabbadā.


These Twenty-Eight Buddhas, the Givers of Deathless Nibbāna, ever I salute with my head. May they ever protect me!

Etena sacca vajjena – dukkhā vūpa samentu me
Etena sacca vajjena – bhayā vūpa samentu me
Etena sacca vajjena – rogā vūpa samentu me


By the firm determination of this truth, may I be free from suffering.
By the firm determination of this truth, may I be free from fear.
By the firm determination of this truth, may I be free from illness.

No comments: